Ways to Leave Your Legacy to Thoth
Can you think of a better legacy to leave to those you love
Imagine leaving a legacy that transforms the world, preserves indigenous wisdom, helps restore our earth, and heals the damaged relationship between humans and the natural world. Imagine extending your values and spirituality long into the future.
That's the beauty part.
Here's the practical part: you may also enjoy significant tax benefits by including THOTH in your estate planning.
Here are some ways to leave your legacy to THOTH:
You may include THOTH when preparing your will, or ask your estate planner to add a codicil to an existing will designating THOTH as a charitable beneficiary. You may choose to leave any combination of:
- A specific dollar amount
- A specific percentage, or all, of your residuary estate (the remainder left after bequests to others, debts and expenses are paid)
- Specific items of property such as stocks, bonds, real estate, jewelry or historical artifacts
- A gift in trust that pays a portion of the trust property to individual beneficiaries and a portion to Seva
The following is suggested language for remembering THOTH in your will/estate planning:
"Upon my death, I give the sum of $_____________
[or] the following property _____________________
[or] __________% of my estate
[or] the residue of my estate
to Heart of the Healer Foundation (Tax ID 02-0601468), registered in New Jersey, for its general uses and purposes."
Here is suggested language to use in your trust:
"Upon the trustor's (alternatively: settlor's) death, the trustee shall distribute the sum of $_________ to Heart of the Healer Foundation (Tax ID 02-0601468), registered in New Jersy, for its general uses and purposes."
Life Insurance Gift
You may transfer ownership of a life insurance policy to THOTH or designate THOTH as the beneficiary of the insurance policy. You will be entitled to an income tax charitable deduction in the year of your gift. You can also purchase a new policy to benefit THOTH.
Retirement Plan Gift
The principal advantage of donating retirement plan assets to THOTH is that you avoid all income and estate taxes. If you leave these assets to a non-spousal individual beneficiary, they would be subject to extremely high estate tax and income taxes. You may instruct the institution that handles your retirement accounts to designate THOTH as the beneficiary of your IRA or pension plan. Retirement plans may also be used to fund charitable remainder trusts.
Charitable Remainder Trust
Transfer assets to a trustee and each year you and/or someone you have designated will receive income from the trust. The trust may last either for a term of years or for life. The trust allows you to receive an income tax deduction now, arrange for tax-free growth of retirement assets, and receive a retirement income from the trust when you retire. When the trust ends, the remaining trust assets will pass to THOTH.
YOUR GIFT ENABLES THOTH TO CONTINUE TO:
- Teach indigenous wisdom through the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition apprenticeships, therefore shifting collective human consciousness to the Source awareness of the harmony and oneness of all.
- Ensure the preservation of the rainforest.
- Support medical services, education, sustainable agro-forestry, and the autonomy of Peruvian indigenous peoples.
- Build the vision of Sipapu: A Place of Emergence for wisdom keepers, environmentalists, eco-tourists, biodiversity reseachers, teachers and students of Gaian arts, and the Pachakuti MesaTradition.
We encourage you to consult with your legal and financial advisors when considering a planned gift. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877.314.3778 to discuss these possibilities. We are honored by your consideration of a legacy gift to THOTH.